I was speaking to a new friend who has been on the front lines of Covid19 yesterday about this lockdown. How, while it’s complete shit, and no one would wish this on any nation, it has had it’s silver linings. We’ve been forced to assess where we are at, how we have been living our loves. What was important to us and maybe, what’s important to us now? How we’ve been working, and rushing and making our way through our lives.
It’s no secret that I’ve enjoyed aspects of being made to slow down. It’s allowed me to look at my life, how I live and how I want to make my way in this world. I was a fair way down this road prior to any of this blowing up, but this past 6 weeks has accelerated my thinking and actions towards a more sustainable and enjoyable life.
Here in NZ we go to level 3 next week. Not much difference, but a new burst of hope for many businesses that can now operate and get back on track to bringing in cash flow. And while we rush back to our takeaways and online shopping it’s important to stop and reflect. It’s important to take with you the lessons you’ve learned and the decisions, if any, that you’ve made about who you are and how you want to live.
I know I’m going to be asking myself some tough questions and making some more decisions about how I want my life to look. It’s no accident how we live our lives. We design the life we want through our thoughts and our actions. So, what do you want for yourself and your family?
I’ve designed 7 journal prompts here for you to work your way through, in your own time to help guide your thought processes. Sometimes it’s hard to journal our thoughts, we don’t know where to start or feel silly and unfocussed. Journal prompts can help give you a starting point for your thoughts and can help you access your words. Sit with these questions a while and write from your heart, not what you think you should write, but what your hearts telling you.
I hope it helps you design the life you deserve 💛
Selfcare practice journal prompts for the life you deserve
- What’s the one thing that you’ve enjoyed most about being in lockdown?
- How could you take this one thing and insert it into your everyday life when things return to “normal”?
- If you look at how you’ve handled the circumstances that have come up for you over this time, what are you most proud of yourself for? How does this make you feel?
- What’s the one thing that you have not missed during this time? And, how can you stop this creeping back into your life?
- What is the superpower that you’ve discovered about yourself ? how can you show up to the world with this?
- What’s the one thing you can make a decision about today, right now to start your path to the life you want?
- How would you feel if your life went right back to exactly how it was before?